How We Make a Difference
Mothers Trust Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 organization dedicated to providing immediate assistance to disadvantaged children in Lake County, Illinois. We collaborate with social workers and school counselors to identify children who may fall through the cracks of the social service system. We focus on children and their families who have nowhere else to turn, providing tangible necessities that change lives.
Examples of MTF requests for funding include:
- school uniforms, clothing, new underwear and shoes
- car seats, pack n play and other essential baby gear
- medical needs including eye exams and glasses and transportation fees to appointments
- enrichment opportunities like the chance to learn a musical instrument, play a sport or attend summer camp
- education related expenses like Tech Campus kit fees, credit recovery courses and graduation expenses
- Other unique circumstancial needs
Requests are reviewed every Wednesday at the Service Committee Meeting.
Each request is evaluated on an individual basis and if approved funding is distributed within 24 to 48 hours.
Mothers Trust Foundation Metrics/Who We Serve:
- 78% of the families are single mother or grandparent head of household
- 12% are homeless
- 30% have a child or parent who is disabled
- 16% of the families have no income
- 22% have an income below $10,000
- 40% have an income below $25,000